Saturday, August 20, 2011

What Good is a Business Card?

Business cards are a tool like no other tool. Well done with a little effort and added expense will pay you back years and years. How many cards do you get and throw away? More importantly which ones do you keep and why?

The essential information is required. Your name, phone, email and any other preferred method of contact. If you are going to put a web addresses on it insure you will own it for a long time or at least as long as you want your card held, kept, used and passed on to others.

Quality stock, embossed with your picture would be ideal. Once upon a time I worked for a large organization and everyone had the same cards but paying the extra to have them embossed with higher quality stock added something to the feel of the card that asked to touched. I made a stamp of the following:

Finished files are the
result of years of scientific
study combined with the
experience of years.

I stamped it in magenta colored ink on the back of all my cards. Many people love a friendly wager. I promised to write on two separate pieces of paper an answer to a question I would ask. On one paper, in my left hand, was their answer and in my right hand the correct answer.

I would then give them my card and ask, "How many letter 'f' are there in the sentence?"

Most people only see 3 and the correct answer is 6. Done with a little showmanship and guile you never have to pay for coca-cola again. Win the first wager and go double or nothing on the second. They also keep your card.

No comments:

Post a Comment