Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Plan to Getting it ALL Done!

The domain to work in is ‘being.’ If you have done everything and it is not happening… you need to be someone different. You need to be clear. - Joe Vitale

The first time I spent a weekend working on my personal 200 year goals/plan I found much of what I was committed to accomplishing was at cross purposes. First I identified all the current goals/wishes/hopes/etc and put them all down on paper. They were different in my head than they were on paper. On paper I realized many were at odds with one another. The weekend left me with a congruent development plan that broke down into manageable parts. 10 years out had goals for the next twelve months. Those goals had monthly targets and objectives which broke into daily tasks. It took some time but once the plan was in existence the “what to do today” was easy. Doing it was not.

I got rid of the 'to do' lists and made a Doing Now, a Not Doing Now, and a Never Doing Now list. Today's Doing Now gets done. Creating the six most important things I can do tomorrow that will impact my goals before I close out today allows my brain to percolate all night. Some great ideas appear upon waking and on my morning walk.

Amazingly, 15 plus years later much of the plan has occurred and most of what I believed would take 200 years is expected in my lifetime. I have to redesign the plan. What I thought possible or barely possible 15 years ago today is already happening. Goals have a way of clearing the path to their happening. Begin with the end in mind (who said that?) and the map getting there is a snap. You can have everything you want.

Try on this exercise. Give yourself enough time to do it justice for you.

If you had all the funds, all the people and 200 years to accomplish your goal what do you want to accomplish?

Think and dream as big as you can keeping it real for you.

Now work backwards by decade.

When you are within 10 years work it back by year.

When you are a year away look at it quarterly and monthly.

The last month break it down to weeks and days.

Who do you have to be today? What do you have to do?

You have 3 days to complete this task. Begin now.

No comments:

Post a Comment